Quora is a great for community-sourced questions and answers from everything ranging from personal brand preferences to how to run your small business, it can even be a source of creativity and inspiration. But sorting through all of the irrelevant information to get to what you want to know is tedious. So we’ve rounded up and summarized some of the best posts on Quora for startups and small business owners looking to improve their operations and systems.
Best Small Business Operations Questions in Quora
- What is the best accounting software for tech startups?
This is a great question because not enough startups take accounting software seriously. It can really help alleviate tax time pains but finding the right one is important. You want to make sure that you find the one that supports your company’s goals. Also, look for one like QuickBooks Online or Xero that is cloud-based and comes with great add-ons that will help scale the software as you grow. You should also check out Is there an affordable web-based small business accounting software
- How can accounting software help a small business grow?
As a follow up to the first question, if you’re still in doubt as to why you need accounting software, this post is really helpful. It discusses how accounting software can automate tedious tasks, freeing up valuable time. It also covers the importance of discovering business trends and measurements.
- What’s the best bit of advice you’ve been given as an entrepreneur?
Looking for general advice? There are some great tips in this post like building your public speaking skills, why it’s important to say ‘no’ sometimes, and to celebrate your victories.
- What are the best productivity tools for entrepreneurs?
Productivity tools covers a broad spectrum, but this is a great post to discover new tools you might not even be aware of and also learn how others are implementing them. It also highlights some tools that you might not have even thought of as fitting into the productivity category. Check out how I answered this question!
- What are some of the most creative hiring tactics of all time?
Looking for some inspiration to attract new talent? What about bacon-wrapped cash or a painted portrait? Perhaps you can intrigue candidates with billboard riddles like the ones Google created.
- What’s the best way to maintain startup culture while having an employee handbook?
This is a tough one for a lot of small companies, not just startups. You want to maintain a small culture, but also want to make it easier for your employees to do their jobs. Balance is crucial.
- What is the best e-commerce solution for a small business?
Users recommend some great tools like Shopify and BigCommerce. A good read if you’re looking to include online retail in your business plan.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Quora
How can you get the most out of your Quora experience?
- Make your searches specific to your industry, company size / stage, or location.
- Follow general topics and categories that are relevant to the questions you ask most often.
- Ask for answers if you don’t see what you’re looking for.
- Ask questions if you can’t find any similar ones.
- Be honest! It’s a community and people respond better to honesty.
- Remember that these are opinions and not truths. Use it as a jumping off point to your own research.